I feel extra fabulous today. I feel like a bride about to march down the aisle all beautiful and ready to exchange ‘I do’s’ with a dashing, handsome Prince Charming. Well, as far as I know, dreaming is still free in this country, so don’t give me that look.
The wedding diva is back and today I’m going to talk about making the groom as equally smashing as his bride on their wedding day. They always say that the bride is the star of the wedding day. Yes, it’s true, but what about the groom? Can’t they equally share the billing? In my opinion, in a wedding, if the only one shining is the bride, then the groom must be a total loser.
There’s a saying that goes, “Don’t stay behind me for I may not lead, don’t stay in front of me for I may not follow, just stay beside me and be my husband FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!” Well, I kinda tweaked the last part of it. Hehehe….
So, what should the groom do for him to look marvelous on his wedding day? Yes, some of it may not be inexpensive. Weddings are once in a lifetime big event anyway (for most), so he better look his best on that day or the bride might pull a Julia Roberts on him and runaway as fast as she could. Here are some tips to have make him look like a zillion bucks:
- Diet. They say you are what you eat. Then if you eat unhealthy foods, then most probably, you are unhealthy. If you look sickly on your wedding day, you might as well bring a casket with you. If you are, say, the size of a small planet, then it’s time for you to lessen your food intake. No, I won’t say you should eat only celery or carrots, you’re not a rabbit. When I say diet, I don’t mean starve yourself to death. That kind of diet — according to Garfield — is “die” with a “t”. Just eat healthier servings of food — better planned out with help from a nutritionist. On the other hand, if you’re the type who is afraid to hit the showers for fear of slipping down the drain, then it’s time for you to enter a weight gaining program.
- Grooming. Unless you are a really famous rock star or Fabio himself, you better cut your hair short and stop looking like an overused mop. Ask a hairstylist on what hairstyle would best make you look like a Prince (though not Prince Valiant, I hope) on your wedding day. Have a hot oil treatment or scalp massage. Speaking of massages, go to a spa, and pamper yourself. Going for a massage is relaxing and beneficial to your health. It will correct the flow of your blood and make your skin glow. Don’t forget to have your fingers manicured and have a pedicure to complete the grooming package. Also visit your dentist so you can flash a killer smile on your wedding day. Oh, and don’t forget to shave. Unless you have facial hair that would make you look like a Tom Selleck or Burt Reynolds – not that anyone really wants to work the ‘stache nowadays regardless of what celeb you look like — lose the facial hair.
- Skin Care. Visit your dermatologist and have a facial. Your face will look so much better without the blackheads and whiteheads. They can also get rid of your acne. If you think going to a dermatologist is too much trouble and won’t contribute to your wedding savings, then just use skin care products that can do all of these as part of a cleansing program a few weeks before your big day. Use exfoliant to clean your face and tighten the pores; blackhead remover to make your face look fresh and clean; and moisturizer to hydrate the skin and make it softer. Now if you’ve got rough, crater-like skin, sand paper won’t help, be a good boy and go to a dermatologist.
- Make-up. A lot of men are now using make-up to make them look fabulous. Big star celebrities use this everyday on the set. Al Pacino, Bruce Willis, and Brad Pitt they all put on make-up. Are they gay? My point exactly. Putting on a light foundation won’t make you gay. I didn’t say for you to wear make-up like a drag queen, so stop whining. You will look positively flawless, especially in your wedding pictures. You and your bride will look marvelous together. You won’t hear people say, “What a beautiful bride! But who’s that Scarface loser beside her?” or “Why was she taking pictures with the waiter?”
- Dress Well. For your wife-to-be, try to dress well even if it’s for only a day. Use the right combination. If you are wearing brown shoes, then use a brown belt. If you’re using black, then use a black belt. Don’t wear a belt if your trousers are already being supported by suspenders. If you are wearing a pin-striped or any decorated polo shirt under your coat, better wear a solid color necktie to be safe. Use printed neckties on plain shirts. Just don’t use the one with cartoon characters, unless it’s a Loony Toons-themed wedding. Plain dress shirts are much preferable under a coat, just to be safe. And it’s alway better to ask tips from your tailor or designer. Black leather shoes will look good with any suit, so put your Chucks aside for awhile, PLEASE!
Listen guys, I’m not preparing you to become flaming fairies. That’s me, not you. All I want is to make you look and feel great on your wedding day and not be just under the shadow of your lovely, dolled-up bride. It’s your day too. Look good so your bride won’t look bad. Toodles!